Bullverter converts units of Length, Area, Volume, Mass, Energy, and Temperature.
Following units are available for each category:
- Length: Mile, Yard, Foot, Inch, Kilometer, Meter, Centimeter, Millimeter, Nautical Mile, Fathom.
- Area: Square Mile, Square Yard, Square Foot, Square Inch, Square Kilometer, Hectar, Square Meter, Square Centimeter, Square Millimeter, and Acre.
- Volume: Cubic Meter, Liter, Cubic Centimeter, MilliLiter, Gallon, Quart, Pint, Cup, Fluid Ounce, TableSpoon, TeaSpoon, Cubic Yard, Cubic Foot.
- Mass: Metric Ton, Kilogram, Gram, MilliGram, Ton, Pound, Ounce, Troy Ounce.
- Energy: BTU (Brit. Therm. Unit), Foot Pound, Calorie, Erg, Joule, Newton Meter, Kilo Calorie, Kilogram Meter, KiloWatt Hour, Watt Hour.
- Temperature: Centigrade, Fahrenheit, Kelvin
- Very easy to use and fast. As soon as you type in a number in any of the text boxes, all other units are displayed instantly.
- Lowest memory foot-print converter, only 223KB. If you are low on memory, this is helpful.
- Unique algorithm ensures high accuracy when converting from standard to metric, and vice versa.
- It runs on Android versions Froyo and up.
- It runs on small screen phones to tablets.
- Best of all it is Free AND Ad-Free. Can't get better than that!
If it works as advertised, please give me 5-star rating. :)
If you find any problems or you have suggestions, please provide feedback.
How to use
When you first run the app, it will display a licence agreement. Just tap 'OK'. This is a standard licence agreement that limits liability.
To start using the app, tap 'menu' and pick one of the categories.
Tap any of the boxes and type in a value. As you type, all other boxes are updated automatically. Press Back key to close the keypad.
You can also tap the TitleBar to move to the next category.
There are four buttons at the top, two on each side of the Category Name.
- V Button: toggles Verbose mode to display unit names.
- ? Button: Help button.
- P Button: Sets the number of digits after decimal point.
- C Button: Clears all text boxes.
Bullverter has been tested on the following devices:
- Sprint Samsung SPH-M920
- T-Mobile Motorola Blur MB200
- Acer A500 Tablet
When you first run the app, it will display the Licence Agreement. Tap on the Back button or Cancel Button. The app will close. Tap on 'OK'. Home screen will be displayed.
When you run the app again, the Licence Agreement will NOT be displayed.
Tap on Menu, and choose Length.
Tap on one of the text boxes. Keypad will be displayed. Negative numbers are disabled. You can enter only digits and a decimal point.
Tap on Menu, and choose Temperature.
Tap on Kelvin. Check that negative numbers are NOT allowed.
Tap on Centigrade/Fahrenheit and check that negative numbers are allowed. Lowest possible temperature is -273/-459.4/0. You can type in a value less than -273/-459.4, but the converted values will be limited to -273/-459.4/0.
Change the orientation of the device. The screen should maintain the values in the new orientation.
Change the orientation again. The screen should be repainted with the same values.
Tap on P button, and set the number of decimal points, and then the Back button.
Now when you type in a number in one of the boxes, the number of decimal digits after the decimal point will match to what you set in the previous step.
Tap on V Button. Unit names will be displayed in long form. Tap again. They will be displayed in short form.
Tap on ? Button. A window will pop up displaying Help screen. Tap on OK.
Tap on C Button. All text boxes will be cleared.
Tap on the title. The next category will be displayed.